Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Wagle Ki Duniya!!

At times even a rational person like me (ya u are right...its self proclaimed...But its my blog remember!!!) can do irrational things.......not out of stupidity..no...no....These things happen when everything is pretty much smooth....wonderful even.....Its basically ..out of too much faith and "smack-me-in-my-face" optimism......

Instance 1:

In my 12th std....Had joined Mr Aundhes classes...One day I had a great test...My sir really praised my paper...I really felt proud that day....On my way back at around 7 in the evening...(over a bridge)...the breeze felt tingly...the air redolent...the setting sun smiled....the birds chirped.....the bridge felt like mankind's genius in stone...everything was perfect and dreamy....little did i know I had to pay a price for feeling this for the next 18 months.......

As I was frolicking along....there came a little kid ,grinned at me and started to wave happily...I was like this completes the picture!!....In my head I felt that this isnt a coincidence...I am generally restrained in public places...But this felt like a time to let go...be free to do wat I feel like..Jump ..shout...fly even....I felt really connected to the kid(the timing was simply great for the kid to appear and wave....)...So I vigourously waved back very animatedly...even ruffled his hair a bit......and then started prancing towards my home.....But something was amiss...or was it.??.Even in my A-great-time-to-be-alive moment.....I thought I saw some hair above his lips...Did I...Did I......hmmm...Wat nonsense I told myself...and then forgot about it....

I got the answer to my above "Did I?...Did I?"...the next time I passed that bridge....The kid was infact not a kid at all but a demented man who was just plain short...and had kid like features(gross!)....And he started jumping all around me and started shouting(playfully)weird things at me....I felt like I was struck down by lightening when he first came to me out of nowhere ...I still remember it vividly...me trying to flee..and this Man-child (who walked surprisingly fast!) making animated gestures and loud noises next to me...God ....It was quite scary ....At one point passers-by had to intervene and help me out....I avoided the bridge after that....

After this incident no matter wat good happens in my life ....I avoid walking on bridges!!!

Instance 2:...Coming Soon....

6 comments:

Sohani said...

Am I the only one reading/commenting your blog or what?.... jk.....
funny blog baby...haha.....funny that you remember it even now...so vividly...

Cheers,
Sohani

Blank said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Blank said...

WOW, what a title...
"Wagle ki duniya" (No comments, i know, its ur space)
BTW, which bridge was it? i m sure it was bombay central one.. Right? haha..

"I thought I saw some hair above his lips"...you know what, initially i read this as "I thought I saw some hair above his Hips"...and was freaked out for a second.. later discovered my sutipidy.. hahaha..

"Man-Clild" ...A new Word Coined By "J" ...hahaha..

In a nutshell..It was a Good one babe..Good thought process..but was bit Funny as well, as soni rightly pointed out...

Wud be Waiting for "Instance2"

God bless..
Sumit

Addie said...

HEY..

good to see u blogging..

Did u ever go on that bridge again?

- Ad

Harshal said...

that was really a close encounter....
"God bless than Man-child"
hehe....;)

Rohit Sarma said...

"the bridge felt like mankind's genius in stone."
This is poetry! I find myself still chuckling uncontrollably.. haha..